Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Progress of my GAME Plan

I am excited that I have the materials and resources that I will need to carry out my game plan. Being able to use the SMART response clickers is a great luxury that I am blessed to have. They are a great asset to my class. The tests that I have given the students on the clickers have been very successful. The clickers are awesome to use. The other goal that I have in my game plan is to be able to use the internet. The problem that I think will come up is the ability to use the computer lab at my school. It was hard in the first couple months to get into the computer lab because there was a team in there every day for two months. I think that the clickers will help with all the data that I have to collect and help with the students getting instant feedback. It breaks up the same old same old of the pencil and paper method of teaching. I think that my game plan is starting to come together with the clickers, SMART board, and internet access.

5 comments:

  1. Have you suggested to have a set computer lab time? Each teacher is allowed two 45 minutes per week at our school and that still gives some open slots for additional time. You will love using clickers with your students. The only issue I have come across it finding the time to create the lesson/assessment. The only thing I have started it organizing the Smartboard lessons so I can use them over and over. Our school district is trying to compile a database to house the different lessons by grade level and subject. As of yet they haven't been successful.
    Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree,

    I am glad you have the resources to carry out your GAME Plan.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tiffany and Dawn for your comments.

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desiree,

    It's great to hear you are having such a successful and exciting time with the vote software. It is a great way to "mix it up" and engages the students. Hope you can work out something with the computer time!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiree,
    I am super excited that your GAME plan is going well for you! I work in a big building, we have over 900 students, and with so many classrooms we get to use the lab for one hour every other week. It is a suggestion for you and your school. It is not a lot of time but at least you will have a designated time slot to be able to go down to the lab with your students! I love the idea of the clickers and I am happy to see that you have a set! I am eager to learn more about the in's and out's of them and how they work! Good Luck!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete