Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reaching and Engaging All Learners through Technology

As I look back at this course and all that I have learned I see that one size does not fit all and that because I am a specific type of learner that not all of my students learn in that same way. It also made me evaluate the way that I teach. As a teacher if I am able to identify the way that I learn and the way that all my students learn then I will be able to be a more effective teacher. This class has also showed me that I am not alone in implementing differentiated instruction in my classroom. There are things that I do in my class that I do in my class that just come naturally to me and it is differentiating the instruction to all the learners. Yet there are still areas that I can improve in. Before when I would see that education needs to be more differentiated I kind of fought against it. I did not know that there were so many resources out there on the internet or that I was doing many of the tactics in my class already. Differentiated instruction was not so clear; actually it was kind of muddy. Now that I am at the end of this class I look back at all the resources there are and all the knowledge that I have gained I am actually more comfortable with implementing more things into my class.

Adjustments that I am making in my class is providing the students with guided notes that they are able to get all the information that they need on the topic that I am teaching. I started this process halfway through this class and the students have been responding positively. The thing that I did last year at the end of the year when I knew that I was going to be having the same kids was grouped the kids in the classes that I was going to be teaching by their ability. This has helped with teaching because I knew what the ability of the students was and I was able to pair them up so that those students that were higher would be able to excel. I have seen that this has worked pretty well this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment